Diarrhea is a condition, in which, the patient suffers from unusually frequent bowels, and the stool eliminated from the body is watery. The condition can be caused by bacteria or viral infection, or it can be caused by irritable bowel syndrome. Many patients suffer from mala-absorption, the condition in which the digestive tract is unable to absorb nutrients in the small intestine and it can cause diarrhea. Diarrhea is sometimes caused by ulcers or inflammation in the digestive tract. It can be caused by dysentery and sometimes, it is caused by excessive exercise.
Sometimes it is caused by gluten – a substance which is found in wheat, barley and rye, and the condition is called Celiac disease.
The symptoms of dehydration are dryness in mouth, light headedness, dry skin and hair, and feeling thirsty. To prevent diarrhea the diet based on liquids is suggested by physicians. This form of diet is called bland diet, and it is free of irritants and stimulating food items. Some of the research proves that there is no harm in taking such a diet which is largely based on taking only fluids.
During diarrhea excess fluid is lost from the body, and the patient may require minerals and salts to reinstall the electrolyte imbalance of the body. The electrolyte balance can be restored by taking fluids in the form of soups, fruits juices, mineral water and vegetables. Banana is considered good to restore the electrolyte balance and fibrous fruits should not be taken as it helps in fast digestion.
1. The diarrhea diet should include food substances which have the following properties.
2. The food that can restore the electrolyte imbalance and the food items which are easy to digest.
3. Food rich in carbohydrates as it can provide the needed energy to the body.
4. Diarrhea which is caused by taking antibiotics is reduced by taking pro-biotic yoghurt.
5. Dehydration is common in infants and small children, and the electrolyte solution prescribed by the medical practitioner should be given to prevent it.
The following can be included in the diet day wise
1. Take drinking water and decaffeinated tea on the first day of diarrhea. You can take electrolyte drinks.
2. On day-two, you can add small quantities of food such as oatmeal or plain rice with curd. Ripe bananas and plain toast can be taken.
3. On day three, some more food items such as boiled eggs and baked potatoes can be included in the diet. You should take food which are low in fibers and eat peeled off vegetables. You should not take milk and milk product if you are suffering diarrhea caused by lactose intolerance. Even on the third day of treatment you should include low fat yoghurt but not milk. Yoghurt contains the bacteria Acidophilus which is useful in restoring the normal bacterial population. Milk can be included when diarrhea has been treated and only low fat milk should be taken which can be digested easily. Cooked beans or carrots can be included in the diet and well cooked chicken can also be included.
Every real estate broker would agree that a magnificent landscape adds not only aesthetic but also a significant amount value… Read More
Part-time jobs usually invoke the image of students working at the pizzeria or at the nearest fast food joint. Then,… Read More
Moving house can be stressful, but it also provides the ideal opportunity to do a little life laundry. After all,… Read More
Over the years, art has been significantly growing. Nowadays people are starting to discover their artistic capabilities this is all… Read More
If you want to stay self-motivated and work toward a successful work environment either at home or anywhere outside a… Read More