Well, not exactly. While youve done the legwork to prepare, another hurdle lies ahead: coping with not having a functional kitchen for several weeks. If youre wondering how youll stay sane amidst plywood, drilling, and microwavable meals, youve come to the right place. To keep stress at bay during your remodel, take a few deep breaths and follow these six simple steps!
1. Wave goodbye to cooking. Unless you have an accommodating neighbor or friend, chances are that you wont have an accessible stove or oven for a few weeks. So, hold off on those fancy meals that you had planned until your remodel is complete; in the meantime, youll have to make do with canned goods, as well as dried fruit, nuts, and other easily preservable snacks. Prepare for a lot of cold or microwavable meals!
2. Dont bust the budget. Tempted by the latest induction stove? Or looking to upgrade your affordable kitchen cabinets to a slicker model? Its easy to believe that the grass is always greener on the other side, but you certainly wont think so when your decisions break the bank. The key to a successful, stress-free remodel is having a clear budget and adhering to it.
3. Communicate clearly and often. To avoid unpleasant surprises, be sure to discuss your vision with your contractor and designer well in advance. If they come back with amendments or additions that are unclear to you, dont be afraid to ask follow-up questions: after all, its better to be safe than sorry!
4. Make a checklist. From measuring out your space to choosing good-quality yet affordable kitchen cabinets and appliances, a remodel is sure to put your organizational skills to the test. To ensure that youre on top of the installations, budget, and approximate timeline, take the time to make a detailed list of your requirements. Its worth sharing this checklist with your designer and contractor to confirm that youre on the same page.
5. Prepare for tension. Household spats are normal, and are especially likely to occur when unrest is in the air. While your remodel is underway, keep in mind that its chaotic nature may cause tension or disagreements to arise among family members and try to circumvent a few of them by arranging more dinners out, activities outdoors, such as walks and bike rides, and play dates at friends houses for the kids.
6. Keep your head up. In other words, keep calm and remodel on! Its easy to get restless or frustrated when a large-scale project disrupts your homelife, particularly if you hit a few roadblocks along the way. But if you keep the long-term benefits of your remodel in mind, the commotion will pass a lot more smoothly. Just remember that youll be enjoying the top-notch yet affordable kitchen cabinets, countertops, and appliances that youve been dreaming of in a few short weeks!
While the words “remodel” and “stress” are often used in the same sentence, transforming your kitchen into your ideal space is undoubtedly worth the time and effort. By accepting the short-term chaos and using this six-step approach, youll be well on your way to minimizing stress and maximizing enthusiasm throughout the process.
Are you suffering from problem sweat? Do you find yourself in embarrassing position because of the excessive sweating problem? If… Read More
Pancreatitis is a condition in which the pancreas, which produces enzymes and hormone insulin for digestion suffers from inflammation which… Read More
If you have a small kitchen, you may think that your options for custom built kitchens are limited. However, there… Read More