The main components of low GI index diet include the substances which can raise the blood sugar level very slowly. In this diet fruits are considered to be better than juices. Whole grain diet, fresh vegetables, fruits, beans are preferred in this diet but in vegetables potatoes should be avoided. One can take various things in a diet in a day and following food items can be included in the day’s meals.
1. Oat and bran can be taken in breakfast. It contains some of the lowest amount of glycemic index. Breads of soy and linseed, mixed grain bread or rye bread can be taken.
2. In staples, spaghetti and, eat ravioli can be taken. Instant noodles, barley, white long grain rice and Egg Fettuccini are allowed to be taken.
3. Legumes such as chick peas, lentils, navy beans and yellow split beans have medium index which varies from 40 to 50.
4. In snacks one can take slim fast meal replacements, peanuts, walnuts and cashew nuts, which are low in sugar content.
5. Whole grain and wheat products are considered to be better than refined grain breads. The commercial bread which is sold as the whole grain bread may not contain a good amount of whole grain and fiber content which is needed by the diet, therefore one should be cautious.
Food products which are allowed are
1. Frozen green peas, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, broccoli, raw carrots, lettuce, pepper, green beans and onion are allowed.
2. In fruits cherries, grapefruits, apples, peaches, plums and dried apricots have a low GI.
3. The blood sugar level is not affected by intake of fats or proteins and there are no restrictions on it.
4. Rye has a low glycemic index.
5. Other food products which are allowed are brown rice, oatmeal, legumes, low fat unsweetened yoghurt, fresh vegetables and fruits.
6. Syrups and canned food products and fruits juices should be avoided.
7. Corn has a high glycemic index, therefore, for cooking – olive oil can be used.
Food products which should not be taken are
1. The whole grain breads which actually contain low quantity of fiber should be avoided.
2. White rice and potatoes have a high glycemic index, and it should be avoided. Both the products quickly digested and raise the level of glucose in body.
3. The products made from refined flour such as biscuits, donuts and pancakes should be avoided.
4. Candy and fresh grapes should be avoided.
5. Cooked carrots, ripe bananas and cooked pasta should not be taken.
Every real estate broker would agree that a magnificent landscape adds not only aesthetic but also a significant amount value… Read More
Part-time jobs usually invoke the image of students working at the pizzeria or at the nearest fast food joint. Then,… Read More
Moving house can be stressful, but it also provides the ideal opportunity to do a little life laundry. After all,… Read More
Over the years, art has been significantly growing. Nowadays people are starting to discover their artistic capabilities this is all… Read More
If you want to stay self-motivated and work toward a successful work environment either at home or anywhere outside a… Read More